Registrar – Verification of qualifications and certificates
Are your degrees and certificates recognized? On this page you will find an overview of important information and relevant contacts.
For the verification of qualifications and certificates, the issuing of Transcripts of Records, as well as Diploma Supplements for Charité degree courses, please contact: registrar(at)charite.de.
You are here:
Due to data protection regulations, we are unable to process requests made by a third party without a signed consent from the graduate. Please ensure that you attach a copy of your ID card or passport. Release Form PDF
As Registrar-Office, we verify the authenticity of document about graduation at Charité – Universitätsmedizin berlin and their former istitutions. The Regsistrar is authorized by the dean. Our Services are:
- verification of diplomas, degrees and certificates
- providing of Transcripts of Records and Diploma Supplements
- validation/confirmation of matriculation times and other informations about
our matriculated students or alumni.
As we no longer have access to the relevant information, we are unable to provide Transcripts of Records for degrees awarded by Freie Universität Berlin prior to 2002. However, the FU-archive can provide a confirmation of duration of study and the degree regulations in force at that time.
Certificates awarded in relation to Licensing Examinations (Staatsexamen) will be issued by the relevant licensing board for the health care professions (Landesprüfungsamt für Gesundheitsberufe). Please contact the the relevant administrator.
In order to have a Transcript of Records issued, you will need to submit the following documents:
- All state examination certificates, including preliminary examinations and all sections or decisions made about definitive failures (medicine, dentistry)
- Degree certificates and interim reports (non-licensing examinations)
- All course credits/assessment reports or certificates obtained during the course of study, and awarded in accordance with degree regulations (except medical students)
- First aid certificate (medical students only)
- All certificates/credits from nursing placements (medical students only)
- All certificates/credits from practical placements (medical students only)
- All certificates/credits relating to the final year rotation (practical year) (medical students only - at least three 4-month rotations (Tertiale), or more if not consecutive)
All documents have to be submitted as certified copy. If the documents are provided in original version personally, the certification is not required.
Markus Stieg, Physican, MME Unibe
Office and opening hours:
Lernzentrum, Virchowweg 5, D-10117 Berlin, Room 03.005
Appointmets for personal counceling under tel.: +49 30 450 576 074, f: +49 30 450 757 6904 or Registrar(at)charite.de
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Registrar, Markus Stieg (interne Adresse: Virchowweg 5, Lernzentrum)