Prof. Dr. med. Christoph U. CorrellDirector Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Augustenburger Platz 1
Campus / internal address:
You are here:
Christoph U. Correll is Professor of Psychiatry at The Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, New York, USA, and also Professor and Chair of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Charité University Medicine, Berlin, Germany. He completed his medical studies at the Free University of Berlin in Germany, and Dundee University Medical School in Scotland. He is board certified in general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry, having completed both residencies at The Zucker Hillside Hospital in New York City. Since 1997, he has been working and conducting research in New York, USA, and since 2017 he is also working in Germany again.
Professor Correll focuses on the identification and treatment of youth and adults with severe mental illness, clinical trials, epidemiology, psychopharmacology, meta-analyses, and the interface between physical health and mental health.
He has authored or co-authored over 700 journal articles that have been cited more than 49.000 times and received over 40 research awards for his work. In December 2021, his H-index was 114 in Google Scholar and 88 in Web of Science.
Since 2014, the beginning of this metric, he has been listed every year by Clarivate/Web of Science as one of the “most influential scientific minds” and “top 1% cited scientists in the area of psychiatry” (https://hcr.clarivate.com).
Additionally, he has been holding numerous Expertscape rankings, such as 15 topics ranked as “Expert” (among the top 1% cited scientists), and 24 topics ranked as “World Expert” (among the top 0.1% cited scientists), including in December 2021 for example ranked as number one among world experts for the following areas:
1. Central Nervous Agents, out of 315,945 scientists (http://expertscape.com/ex/central+nervous+system+agents)
2. Central nervous system depressants, out of 242,692 ranked scientists (http://expertscape.com/ex/central+nervous+system+depressants)
3. Psychotropic drugs, out of 134,269 scientists (http://expertscape.com/ex/psychotropic+drugs)
4. Schizophrenia, out of 94,327 scientists (http://expertscape.com/ex/schizophrenia)
5. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders, out of 98,811 scientists (http://expertscape.com/ex/schizophrenia+spectrum+and+other+psychotic+disorders)
6. Antipsychotics, out of 60,964 scientists (http://expertscape.com/ex/antipsychotics)
7. Delayed Action Preparations, out of 70,136 scientists (https://expertscape.com/ex/delayed-action+preparations)
8. Tranquilizing agents, out of 71,781 scientists (http://expertscape.com/ex/tranquilizing%20agents)
9. Weight gain, out of 71,369 scientists (http://expertscape.com/ex/weight+gain)
Vita Prof. Dr. med. Christoph U. Correll
Below you can find Prof. Correll's CV.