Expert public only
Workshop in English
This three-hour online-workshop provides an overview of open data.
Workshop: Open Data - August 18, 2021
The BIH QUEST Center is offering a workshop on open data in the English language.
Aimed at: The workshop is suitable for both scientists and students at the Charité, MDC and the BIH. External participants are welcome, but this can be subject to availability.
Please register for the workshop by 2021/08/13: Further information and registration
Contents: This three-hour workshop provides an overview of the free availability of data (open data). The workshop will answer the following questions:
- What is open data and why is it important to share data?
- How do I choose a suitable repository for archiving?
- How do I ensure that my data is easy to find and accessible?
- How do I ensure that my data are also re-usable in the long term?
- How can I consider privacy aspects?
- How do I search for useful data sets and how do I quote them?
Organizational and administrative matters
Dr. Evgeny Bobrov is a consultant for open data and research data management at the QUEST Center of the Berlin Institute of Health. He advises on the provision of biomedical data and is an advocate for open data. Previously, he was a brain researcher and then a laboratory manager at the Charité, and so has first-hand knowledge of research practice, including about the obstacles that sometimes hinder data sharing.
9.15 am - 12.15 pm