Advice on funding applications
The External Funding Applications team provides information and support on issues pertaining to research funding provided by public bodies. We are able to provide advice on all national, European and international research funding programs, including funding offered by the German Research Foundation (DFG), state and federal funding, European Commission funding, and funding offered by various foundations.
As part of our service, we provide regular updates on funding streams available, organize information events, and offer personalized consultations on funding programs and application processes. We also research suitable funding opportunities and provide support during contract negotiations. Support services offered as part of the funding application phase are available to all Charité researchers and include the following:
- Access to any documents required for the application submission process (such as guidelines and guidance documents, program-specific information, invitations to tender, etc.)
- Advice on the application process, including all necessary formalities and requirements
- Support regarding project planning
- Access to examples of best practice
- Time management during the application phase
- Budget calculations as well as financial and resource planning
- A central point of contact for signposting and advice surrounding contract law
During the application phase, Charité researchers also have access to other relevant professional support services, including Legal Services, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement, and External Funding Support. The funding applications team also represents an official link to public funding bodies, which means they work in close cooperation with the relevant funding bodies.
The team in charge of managing external funding applications advises Charité researchers on issues pertaining to public and EU research funding.