“A stay with the Monash University is absolutely worthwhile and one can learn a lot from it. I would recommend this to anyone who has an opportunity to do so”
You are here:
Monash University - an overview
Type: Final year (PJ) rotations.
Duration: 2x6-week rotations = 12 weeks (i.e. 4 weeks less than the 16 required; also not possible to complete half of a 16-week rotation = 8 weeks).
Funding: Course fees will be waived. Promos-Program funding may be available in some cases
Additional costs: Accommodation, health insurance, Working with Children Check, visa (approx. €2,200 in total).
Application: the following documents are to be filled out online and uploaded:
- Online application form
- Cover letter (motivation, connection with the country)
- Transcript of records with your average grades (available through HIS)
- Proof of an elective clerkship in an English-speaking country
- Proof of english language capabilities (not older than 6 months)
- Review: A recommendation from a person who can attest to your technical capabilities. This can be for example your lecturer, attending physician, certified doctor (for example from private practice), tutors or your dissertation supervisor. Please ask him or her to fill out the recommendation online via the link.
Specific issues: Due to significant differences in the scheduling of rotation placements, Melbourne-based placements are only suitable for students scheduled to start their final year (PJ) rotations in November.
Deadline: 1 June for periods between January to November the following year.