Language courses for medical students
Charité International Cooperations (ChIC) offers a range of language courses in German and various foreign languages. These are targeted at medical students with a basic level of proficiency. Courses are taught ‘in tandem’, using concrete situations and settings.
Language Course Coordinator: Lena Pochstein
You are here:
Online tool for medical terminology
In connection with the EU supported Medine Projects and Medine Lingua the following practical online tools pertaining to medical vocabulary are available to you.
Try it out at MedineLingua.info
Intensive language courses for medical students
ChIC offers a range of language courses in German and various foreign languages. These are targeted at medical students with a basic level of proficiency. Courses are taught ‘in tandem’ (wherever possible, with one German-speaking tutor and one who is native in the foreign language), using concrete situations and settings.
Courses must have a minimum of 8 but no more than 12 participants and run for 16 hours (2x2 days either on weekends and/or on Thursdays and Saturdays). Participants must have a basic level of proficiency that allows them to navigate everyday situations (the ability to hold simple conversations and a solid grounding in basic grammar). This rule does not apply to our Arabic and Turkish language courses, which are aimed at students without any prior knowledge – the reason being that any student at Charité is likely to benefit from a basic level of proficiency in these languages in their clinical working lives
Costs and registration
Each of these courses will incur a small fee:
- for all classes, except arabic : €70.00 for 2 weekends (for students)/€85.00 (for non students)
- for the arabic class : €80.00 for three weekends(for students)/€100.00 (for non students).
How can registrate?
- to registrate to a language class, fill out the registration form, which you can find on the front page of the ChIC language classes aswell as under each language class page.
- Once you have filled out and signed the form, please send it to the following email-address : fach-sprachkurse(at)charite.de. Please enter "language class registration" as the object of the email.
- you will then get a response mail with the account Information to which you may send the class fee. Before the transaction please enter your full name and the desired class as the purpose use.
- When we have received the money, we will send you a confirmation mail.
Please note that the fee must be paid within five working days of registration or you will lose your place!
Your registration constitutes a binding agreement. Fees are non-refundable even if you are unable to attend.