Meta menu:

From here, you can access the Emergencies page, Contact Us page, Accessibility Settings, Language Selection, and Search page.

Open Menu

Documents & resources

Are you looking for documents to assist you in planning your stay abroad? This page provides information on the most important forms and other documents.

Find the topic you are looking for
Find a contact

You are here:

Letter of recommendation

Letters of recommendation from the Dean, also known as ‘Letters from the Dean’ = ‘Letters of recommendation’ can be obtained from the Office of Student Affairs.  Please email stud-servicebuero(at) specifying whether you will need this letter for a nursing placement, an elective clerkship, or one of your final year (PJ) rotations.

Transcript of Records

Students applying to spend part of their final year (PJ) rotation abroad will often need a ‘Transcript of Records’. Should you need this document, please contact the Office of Student Affairs. Office staff will be able to issue you with a signed transcript of records in English. Should a standard report/transcript suffice, this can be printed off via the HIS portal (Please select the English language option using the small flag icon in the top right-hand corner).

Professional liability insurance

Unfortunately, during your stay abroad, you will not be covered under Charité’s professional liability insurance. Please ensure that you obtain professional and personal liability insurance before you travel.

Professional liability insurance can be arranged free of charge if you are a member of Marburger Bund or Hartmann-Bund. A comprehensive all-in-one package is available from Deutsche Ärzte-Versicherung. This is particularly recommended for overseas travel.