You are here:
Aims and objectives
The European Commission promotes Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) as a key action for the objective "Science with and for Society". The various elements of RRI are important requirements for benchmarks and funding, including but not limited to the EU. With its RRI Working Group, the EUHA aims to become a driving force for RRI, increasing the reach, transparency, quality and dissemination of data and helping its members to become even more competitive and to access new funding opportunities.
The working group is jointly coordinated by Charité and Ospedale San Raffaele.
General tasks and current activities:
The EUHA's 3-year strategic plan clearly defines the EUHA's aim to be a driving force for responsible research and innovation and to contribute to the global discourse by exchanging views on research and innovation-related issues.
The EUHA RRI Working Group therefore focuses on the following three topics:
- Tracking and improving the timely publication of results from EUHA clinical intervention studies.
- Making research results FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable).
- New responsible indicators and good assessment practices in research recruitment and promotion
The RRI Working Group will initially focus on these three sub-projects. These have been selected because they will have a profound impact on measurably improving RRI practices. All three sub-projects will start with mapping and benchmarking specific RRI activities within the EUHA and move through discussions and consultations to concrete proposals and support for implementation, with the development of specific action plans that will provide concrete guidance to EUHA members on how to improve RRI within their institution.
A first outcome of EUHA's efforts to be a driving force for responsible research and innovation is the signing of the Sorbonne Declaration.
Links to Charité fields of action, working groups & projects
Infrastructures (Medical Data Integration Centre
- BIH/Charité Virtual Research Environment
- Data Trust Centre
- Core Facility Digital Medicine and Interoperability
- Core Unit Bioinformatics - CUBI
- Consulting on anonymization by the Medical Informatics Group
- Data Protection (Intranet )
- Science-IT within the IT department
- Project Team Open Data and Research Data Management of the BIH QUEST Center
- Activities and Projects
Open Data as part of performance-oriented funding
- QUEST Open Data Reuse Award
- Charité Dashboard on Responsible Research, including a metric on open data and a dedicated dashboard on data reusability (FAIR); the latter being an output of the project "BUA Open Science Dashboards".
- BrainLab Project "Clinical RDM @ NCRC" within the Cluster of Excellence Neuro-Cure
- BUA-funded project "Concept development for collaborative RDM services".
- Charité accepts new responsibilities at the European level - Nursing network coordinated by Charité and other EUHA initiatives in the pipeline- Charité (Press release, Jun 10th 2021)
- Creating a Culture that Promotes Responsible Research and Innovation - euhalliance (press release, Jun 14th 2021)
- Sorbonne Declaration on Research Data Rights