Nursing work placement
You are looking for a work placement in nursing care? We offer various placements.
Use the Careers Portal to browse for nursing vacancies, as well as vacancies for positions such as Medical Assistant, Midwife, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist, MTRA (Radiographer/Radiologic Technologist), and MTFA (Medical Technologist in Functional Diagnostics).
You are here:
Nursing placements are contingent upon proof of full vaccination status (2G rule) and, for minors, parental consent.
Applying for a nursing placement
- Mandatory placements for registered medical students
- Mandatory placements for students studying for the following qualifications: MTLA, MTRA, MTFA [Medical Assistant / Radiologist Assistant], physiotherapist, OTA [Surgical Assistant], ATA [Anesthesia Technician], midwifery
- Placements for Technical College graduates with Social Services qualifications
- Placements for University graduates with vocational degree qualifications (Nursing Management/Nursing Science)
- Placements for students pursuing additional qualifications (e.g. Anesthesia Nursing and Intensive Care Nursing, Management)
- Career tasters
- Work experience/placements in preparation for training/study
If you are hoping to apply for a nursing placement, please ensure that you submit your application at the latest 10 weeks prior to the start of your placement, by e-mail. Applications are processed online only. For all other placements or visits, please contact the relevant unit or departments.
Requirements: Aged 14 or over
In order to be able to match you with the unit or department that best meets your needs, and ensure everything runs smoothly, we would ask that you provide the following information:
- Letter of application with the following information:
- Period of the internship or job shadowing
- desired department and location as well as alternatives
- Reason for stay, e.g. (student internship, school internship, advanced training, career orientation, etc.)
Students please send their matriculation certificate
Pupils please send additionally their last school report
Non-EU citizens must attach a valid visa or work permit + additional sheet to their application.
Applicants of non-German origin need a completed language level of min. B2.
Please note: should you still have questions, our FAQs may be able to help.