Rules for patients and companions
- The standard hygiene rules that apply at Charité (including disinfecting hands and ventilation) apply.
- The general obligation to wear an FFP2 mask is eliminated.
- A surgical mask must be worn outside the person’s own patient room in the case of respiratory symptoms.
- Charité can institute a fundamental mask mandate for especially vulnerable patient groups and their care or if there are special circumstances.
- A rapid antigen test, possibly followed by a PCR test, is required for those with respiratory symptoms.
- Generalized testing continues to take place in selected high-risk areas. However, the overall testing obligation has been lifted.
- There are also certain rules for visitors.
- At the Campus Charité Mitte (CCM), an external mobile testing station is available at the so-called "Storchenparkplatz" near the entrance to the central emergency rooms (opening hours: Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM).
- On Campus Virchow-Klinikum (CVK), you can use the test center situated at the Seestraße entrance. It is open daily from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday (including public holidays) from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Charité is one of the largest university hospitals in Europe. All of our clinical care, research and teaching is delivered by physicians and researchers of the highest international standard. Charité proudly lays claim to more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich. Charité is internationally renowned for its excellence in teaching and training. Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin represents a single medical faculty, which serves both Humboldt Universität zu Berlin and Freie Universität Berlin. Charité extends over four campuses, and has over 100 different Departments and Institutes, which make up a total of 17 different CharitéCenters. Having marked its 300-year anniversary in 2010, Charité is now one of the largest employers in Berlin, employing 18,200 staff (or 21,600 if including its subsidiaries).
Careers at Charité
Working for one of the biggest employers in Berlin
- Blood donors wanted Click here to find out more.
- Study participants wanted Would you like to take part in a clinical study at Charité?
- Clinical studies Current and planned clinical studies of Charité
- Media Center Medical news for the media
- Location maps, Travel, Directions, etc. How to find your way around our campuses
- International Health-Care Services for International Patients
- Building Work Overview of current building work at Charité
- EUHA The European University Hospital Alliance
- M8 Alliance M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities, and National Academies