Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin is one of the largest university hospitals in Europe. All of our clinical care, research and teaching is delivered by physicians and researchers of the highest international standard. Charité proudly lays claim to more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich. Charité is internationally renowned for its excellence in teaching and training. The Charité is the joint medical faculty of Freie Universität Berlin and Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Charité extends over four campuses, and has over 100 different Departments and Institutes, which make up a total of 17 different CharitéCenters. Having marked its 300-year anniversary in 2010, Charité is now one of the largest employers in Berlin.
Current facts and figures
Careers at Charité
Working for one of the biggest employers in Berlin
- Blood donors wanted Click here to find out more.
- Study participants wanted Would you like to take part in a clinical study at Charité?
- Clinical studies Current and planned clinical studies of Charité
- Media Center Medical news for the media
- Location maps, Travel, Directions, etc. How to find your way around our campuses
- International Health-Care Services for International Patients
- Building Work Overview of current building work at Charité
- EUHA The European University Hospital Alliance
- M8 Alliance M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities, and National Academies
- Women and equal opportunities officer Consulting and support for all employees and students