Departments and Institutes
17 Charité Centers comprising a total of 100 Departments and InstitutesFurther Informations
Charité has over 4,100 nursing staffWould you like to work at Charité ?
Professorial staffFurther Information
The 'Charité hilft' (Charité helps) community...Charité is providing care for refugees
Infection prevention and control – taking hygiene...Our dedicated hygiene control teams in action
to the new website for Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
Postal address: Charitéplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Tel: +49 30 450 - 50
Charité is one of the largest university hospitals in Europe. All of our clinical care, research and teaching is delivered by physicians and researchers of the highest international standard. Charité proudly lays claim to more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich. Charité is internationally renowned for its excellence in teaching and training. Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin represents a single medical faculty, which serves both Humboldt Universtität zu Berlin and Freie Universität Berlin. Charité extends over four campuses, and has close to 100 different Departments and Institutes, which make up a total of 17 different Charité Centers. Having marked its 300-year anniversary in 2010, Charité is now one of the largest employers in Berlin, employing 13,100 staff (or 16,800 if including its subsidiaries), and with a total annual turnover of €1.5 billion.
Press releases, Events, and Topics
What's happening at Charité
Careers at Charité
Working for one of the biggest employers in Berlin
- Blood donors wanted Click here to find out more.
- Media Center Medical news for the media
- Charité Foundation Promoting Innovation, Shaping the Future
- Location maps, Travel, Directions, etc. How to find your way around our campuses
- International Health-Care Services for International Patients
- Building Work Overview of current building work at Charité
- M8 Alliance M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities, and National Academies